View Single Post

November 14th, 2012, 09:11
Originally Posted by kalniel View Post
Based on the fact they are in their jobs, not you
Ok, what proof do these people in their jobs have of DLC being what people want and not expansions?

I know you have nothing to base it on at all - but it's interesting to hear your argument.

Please feel free to provide some further examples of newer games, though compared to Diablo 2, it is most certainly a modern game. I'm more than happy to be corrected, what I said stands according to what I currently know.
My point is - exactly - that we have absolutely no way of knowing whether consumers prefer DLC over expansions. Because they haven't been given a choice. You obviously think DLC is there because that's what consumers prefer - and I say it's there because it's the most profitable way of offering content - and it has nothing to do with what consumers actually want.

Based on feedback here and a handful of other sites I visit - the vast majority of core gamers despise DLC and how it's being handled. That doesn't mean they hate all DLC that's being released - but the concept and how companies squeeze it to the last drop.

However, that's anecdotal - so it's useless.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential