View Single Post

November 14th, 2012, 19:05
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
I often read in game magazine forums that people would love to buy DLCs - kinda like "shut up and take my money !!"

I always shake my head over that.
Why? If I'm playing a game I love, of course I'm going to say to the developers, "shut up and take my money!" because I want more content. More content is a good thing.

I think a lot of people look at DLC as a bad thing for some odd reason. They think they are being nickle-and-dimed to death or something. But no one is breaking your arm to buy it. If you don't want the content or don't feel it's worth the money, don't buy it. But for those of us who love all the additional content we can get our hands on, DLC is a great thing.

As for DLC vs. expansions, DLC is just very popular right now. It's a trend in gaming to offer DLC. Expansions are great but really, what's the difference between 1 $30 expansion and 2 $15 DLC? Usually you will get the same amount of content from the 2 DLC combined that you would in 1 full-blown expansion anyway.

So in the end, who really cares if a game gets an expansion or a few smaller DLC? More content is more content. I'm fine with $20 DLCs like Skyrim has but I'm fine with a Shivering Isles expansion for $30 too. It just doesn't matter to me. As long as my favorite games are getting more content, I'm a happy guy .

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team