View Single Post
November 14th, 2012, 20:14
This post from me will be somewhat different than others I made in this thread.
Steam's midweek madness includes so called Steam starter pack (9.19€) for F2P game Star Trek Online:
The pack includes:
One XP Boost that will provide a single character with a 20 percent increase in the amount of Skill Points earned up to a maximum of 1,000 Skill Points.
Steam Powered Title
Mk II Phaser Assault Minigun [CrtH][Dmg]
Mk II Personal Shield [Cap]
Mk II Energy Dampening Armor [RegHP]
Mk II Quantum Torpedo Launcher [Acc][Dmg]
Mk II Resilient Shield Array [Cap]
Trill Male Engineering Bridge Officer Candidate (Uncommon Quality) equipped with a Mk II Phaser Blast Assault [Dmg], Mk II Personal Shield [Cap] and Mk II Energy Dampening Armor [Dis]
Vulcan Female Science Bridge Officer Candidate (Uncommon Quality) equipped with a Mk II Phaser Assault Split Beam [CrtH], Mk II Personal Shield [Cap] and Mk II Energy Dampening Armor [Dis]
Blockade Runner Escort: Steamrunner Class
Blockade Runner Escort Retrofit: Steamrunner Class
I'm writing this as a warning. By purchasing this pack, you get something you don't need at all anywhere in the game or in other words you get something that should probably be free.
1. "Uncommon" stuff is not uncommon in the game at all, not to mention that those bridge officers do not possess any space traits needed in space fights so you'll ditch them!
2. You can get equally good ships in the game for free
3. XP boost is not needed as you can reach XP cap in two weeks without any boosts by just following the story missions or even faster if you grind patrols!
4. MK2 stuff? You'll use it for a day and ditch it for cheap MK3, 4, 5… Cheap, yes, and free.
5. Special title? You'll earn thousands of titles in the game and trust me on this - not a single player cares for those at all
I know this thread should be about great bargains, but hey, it also can be used to point out an obvious effrontery.
That starter pack is a rip-off. Please, do not, and I mean this, DO NOT buy it.
Join Date: Apr 2009
View Public Profile
Send a private message to joxer
Find More Posts by joxer