View Single Post

November 14th, 2012, 22:59
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
Adept, Infiltrator and Soldier - and they ALL felt very different.
Ok, Iīll take your word for it.
Personally, I see not much reason playing adept when I can play vanguard, I see not much reason playing soldier or engineer when I can play infiltrator and I see not much reason playing sentinel when I can play vanguard or infiltrator.
You mean to say that your first weapons felt no different from your final weapons with mods?
No, I mean to say that those "hundreds of weapons" were completely redundant.
If theyīd just let you upgrade each weapon type from I to X, it would be functionally almost the same, but without pointless clutter. Thatīs kinda how it works in ME2, except in ME2 each weapon type includes few distinct weapons, so thereīs more variety.
Mods in ME1 do add variety as well, which is why I think removing them in ME2 was not a good decision (even though ammo powers made up for them to some extent).
I played it hardcore both times -
This discussion got me interested in how RPGWatch looked at ME2 at the time of release so Iīve checked the impressions thread and your post in there seems to disagree .
Apparently you also found infiltrator in ME1 nearly useless!
It should be noted that I don't like shooters very much, and I much prefer a more tactical approach to combat. With Bioware, it has been steadily downhill since BG2. KotOR was dumbed down, ME was dumbed down even more - and ME2 takes the cake. At least Dragon Age was a step towards the good old days.
I pretty much have the same sentiments .
Except I donīt mind ME2 "taking the cake", because throwing the pretense of being a complex RPG out of the window made it overall a better popcorn entertainment package than ME1 for me.
Which sorta returns me to the beginning of this discussion and seems like a good way to venture out of it, if you donīt mind.
Thanks for the exchange .
Last edited by DeepO; November 14th, 2012 at 23:59.

DeepO

deep outside