View Single Post

November 15th, 2012, 16:50
Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
Inquisitor has one of the best 'text' style dialogue systems in the hundreds of games i have ever played. While It contains small portions of narrative and some instructive style dialogue, the main dialogue is of a true didactive nature, meaning it is left to the gamer to make the interactive two way understanding of choice. The dialogue, in its text form and not counting the translation gaffs, is direct and extremely logical - it makes sense and can be followed exactly by human reasoning. Surely the developer must be commended for composing this huge dialogue system. The text dialogue is the heart of the Inquisitor game - its what the game play progression relies on and does so in a most admirable way.
No, I don't know anyone who talks in the way the characters of that game talked. I'm not sure about the rest of you but if I asked a character a simple question and he blurted out the encyclopedia of data on the subject I would walk away before he was done. Just because they put a ton of text does not mean it was excellant. Like others have said, it was tell not show in the game.

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch