Thread: GTA 5 Thread
View Single Post

November 15th, 2012, 22:56
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I find your reason perfectly acceptable, but it leads me to a question. When you say it's a little too close to home, does that mean you also wouldn't play the modern Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, or Battlefield games? Those are even more realistic in mimicking things that happen in today's world.
The only reason I don't play FPS 'war' games is because I just don't get into them. And I also, ahem, suck really badly at them too. I'm just not 'twitchy' enough to be able to compete with other people.

That said, I don't have a problem playing these kinds of games in general because (and I can't speak for every FPS 'war' game since I only know of a few I don't follow these games much…) you are fighting for a 'good' cause (at least the few I've played… early medal of honor and call of duty … like the very first or second iterations of those games) that has an historical perspective from the country in which I live.

I probably wouldn't buy a 'war' game from the perspetive of middle eastern terrorsits though.

This is all very subjective, and quite messy to explain. My reasoning stems from a lot of world views that we all hold. It's also quite very possible you like mint chocolate chip ice cream. I hate it. But I don't hold it against you if you happen to like it.

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch