View Single Post

November 16th, 2012, 14:23
Originally Posted by PetrusOctavianus View Post
But the Krynn games are much more hard core than the FR games.
I'll have to politely disagree with you on that one. I found Pools of Darkness much harder overall than Death Knights or Dark Queen or Krynn, particularly the last quarter of it and of course the ever so crazy and unique Dave's Challenge.

But it's also Curse of the Azure Bonds that has for me, the most memorable (and to some degree, challenging fights… if you don't have the Dust of Disappearance) namely the Beholder Corps, Dracandros' flock of Black Dragons, Dexam (that pesky bastard killed so many of my characters) with honourable mentions to both Moander and big Ty himself.
I guess I'm biased in that regard though, as Curse is probably my favourite of the series.

I think you'll also find that even in the Forgotten Realms stuff, elves can't be raised from the dead, so it's not something that only the Krynn games have - more so something integral to the version of AD&D.

I agree with you about Kender though - playing them was all kinds of fun Nothing like running around hoopaking monsters and blowing raspberries in their general direction to distract them from your casters.

Diddledy high,
Diddledy low,
Come brave blood sheep,
You've a goodly way to go.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj

Pessimeister

Living Backwards