View Single Post

November 18th, 2012, 12:57
Originally Posted by azraelck View Post
Actually, the FR games, at least in Treasures of the Savage Frontier, disintegration was permanent there as well. There's a Beholder fight in there I recall having to reload about a dozen times because, while I could win, I usually lost most of my party before it was over with, and no rez.
The most annoying thing about the Gold Box games was that some of the rules changed from game to game, perhaps even between DOS and Amiga versions.
For example wands: there was never a clear rule about which classes the various wands were resticted to. I think it was in Treasures of the Savage Frontier that I had two Wands of Ice Storm; one found in that game and the other imported from Gateway. One wand was restriced to magic users, while the other could be used by all but clerics.
Same with Dispel Magic. In most games you could use to it Dispel enemy Hold spells, but not so in Treasures, which was rather rage inducing in the penultimate fight against mages spamming Hold spells.
I also know for a fact that those times any party member was Disintegrated in the Krynn games, they were GONE for good, while in Pools of Darkness my Cleric was Disintegrated by Arcam's envoy, and was Resurrected, but all his gear was permanently gone. I got lucky vs the Beholders in Treasures, though.

PetrusOctavianus

Retro Gamer