View Single Post

November 18th, 2012, 14:35
Yesterday I thought this : "Companies are ALWAYS tending to grow - because the bigger the firm gets, the bigger the top-tier salaries/wages are … And greed ALWAYS demands to get the highest possible amount of something .."

And I have also come to the thought of Greed being something one must learn to withstand. It's like … lying. Or stealing, robbery. Practically nothing restrains me from stealing and robbing, onl the inner education makes me refrain from i.
I assume in this "theory", that the fact that robbers do exist (as do performers of other crimes, too) despite of punishment posibilities, is or at least might be proof to the fact that some people go robbing other people because of greed.

Another thought I had had these days is that I think that I have found the reason why "Reaganomics" just cannot work :

The "trickle-down effect" ONLY comes into place if rich people are actuall WILLING to GIVE AWAY from their riches to invest into something !

And this is to me a sign of … altruism. I mean, I have 2 possibilities : Keep m money or give it away.

Holding on to it is imho an act of selfishness, giving it away an act of altruism.

The only other possibility I can imagine right now is that the prospect of getting even more money (greed, once again) - through return of investment - overrides the selfishness /the selfish act to not give anything away.

And even if so - giving away mones because you can have even more money if your investment works out - the actual [i]return[/] of that money reduces the amount of freely circulating money by the amount of invested money + returned money.

Or at least so I thought.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR