View Single Post

November 18th, 2012, 16:25
Lurking Grue, interesting to read about your characters. And it's nice to see non-maxed characters for a change. I can't help but smirk at those who post Let's Play videos on YouTube with characters all having stats of 18s and 19s, and 255 HP.

Personally I roll one character for each race, gender and alignment combo, and then choose the best ones. DEX is definitely the most important stat, since it decides initiative (which is all important in the most difficult fights), AC and missile THAC0. STR can usually be improved by Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Girdles of Giant Strength and the Enlarge spell. At higher levels the Enlarge spell lasts for hours and if you don't Search every square it will last one area level, making it (to me at least) more valuable than Magic Missiles.

Your Cleric is "old" because she's a half-elf. A single class Cleric is very useful in the two first games, but in the last one she won't be able to contribute much in combat.

In the later games you have the option of creating Paladins. There is no mention of paladins in the Dragonlance books I've read, and there is hardly any difference between them and the Knights, so I don't see the point in them.

PetrusOctavianus

Retro Gamer