View Single Post

November 19th, 2012, 19:14
Originally Posted by Asdraguuhl View Post
I don't know what you guys think of this pitch but I think that the video is truly awful and ineffective. After a few seconds of hearing his speech, I had the feeling of having tuned halfway into a documentary style interview where I had missed relevant information. IMO the video fails in providing a proper introduction.

After the video, I still didn't know what to expect.
Well, Henkel never had a reputation as an entertainer who likes to tell bullshit. He's more the type who explains what the intends to do and then overdelivers. I agree it's not a particularly impressive video.

The game will be a TB RPG with fleshed out areas connected by a world map. A lot of stuff will happen on the map (-> Realms of Arkania). The PC will be generated like in the old days, the rest of the party has to be picked up.
The target audience are experienced RPGers. No handholding, etc. The game will be challenging, you'll die often.

I guess Henkel used the word "traditional" because he intends to add some innovation on top of the old school stuff. Which is quite natural. Why would he return to game development to do the same old thing again?! He wants to push a couple of things forward with some fresh ideas. That's quite risky though. Did you notice how both Obsidian and the Wasteland 2 guys carefully avoided even the slightest hint at innovation? They probably had every reason to do so.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team