View Single Post

November 21st, 2012, 04:15
What this is saying is they are using third party tools to do core development. What that means to me is it may be harder (or more expensive) for modders to extend the game. The good part is that Sage is only $75 for basic edition so its reasonably priced for the few animators out there that would want it. And I'm not clear if it would be required in the end or not for modding the game. I'm hoping they will be willing to release an official skeleton for max, maya or blender and blend graph structure for modders to use or something.

If you want to see a demo of Sage/Unity you can go to http://www.alteredr.com/sage/ for your screenshot fix. The demo is likely not worth your time as I found Unity Web player only works in IE and was finicky. The solder demo end product they have isn't very impressive compared to mocap but I'll grant that what they showed was bare bones and was still pretty good for what was shown. Having said all that, for this game I'm not sure we need anything fancier that this. Looking forward to the end product.

figment

Sentinel
RPGWatch Donor