View Single Post

November 21st, 2012, 10:00
I did get the feeling that some people didn't give the game a fair shake. Not only that, but a lot of people had preconceived notions about the game before it even came out, and then they went into the game with those ideas and ruined the game for themselves. I noticed that a lot on the internet.
If you need to tell yourself that people who disagree with you didn't give the game a fair chance, then that's on you.

Personally, I pre-ordered it and I was hopeful enough to be taken in by the hype. I was here defending the game before release, where people like JDR weren't impressed. All you need to do is go back and search for KoA threads.

So, yeah, I gave it a fair shake - and more. It took me a while to realise just how empty and hollow the game really was (I started out really liking it) - and I had a hard time accepting it, based on Ken Rolston's endless tirades about how deep and great the game would be.

That's why I'm "after" Ken Rolston, because I've been taken in by him before, with Morrowind. I told myself it was just a matter of a single bad example - and the guy is respected, so I'm probably just seeing things. So, with KoA - I ignored my own warning signs that SCREAMED bullshit every time he spoke and marketed the game. It annoys me when people are that deceitful (knowingly or not) - and it annoys me even more when I trust them.

You love the game, and that's great. I'm not claiming you're dreaming up your positive experience. You're basically just a person with very different tastes in this genre than myself.

End of story.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential