View Single Post

November 21st, 2012, 22:18
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
I should probably come clean and admit that I didn't get far in ME3. I got to… where was it. That planet where you had to recruit some general for the cause. I think it's 2-3 primary missions in.

I just couldn't stand it anymore at that point. Maybe I should get back to it? It just seemed so incredibly rushed and half-assed.
If youre talking about the turian moon, thats the final part of what I consider the games prologue and this whole prologue barely felt like Mass Effect at all to me.
Needless to say, the game gets better right afterwards .
It was obviously rushed and it is a mixed bag (and more obviously so than the predecessors), but Id say that the whole prologue is where its at its most consistent at being bad.
Personally Ive found a lot to like about the game throughout and also a lot to dislike as well, but somehow the "dislikes" ended up not bothering me much, besides the beginning. All things considered, it actually sits roughly on the same qualitative spot as ME1 in my book, but the reasoning for it is … complicated .

Anyway, Id say that the genophage story arc is the most consistently good piece of the game, so you might want to check it out (you can start it right after you recruit the general).

Originally Posted by Crilloan View Post
I think Bioware is worth kudos for the guts to try it.
It was not perfect, but honestly. The game that would satisfy all of the crowd here will never get made.]
Agreed with the sentiment.

What you think about most, is what you become.

DeepO

deep outside