View Single Post

November 21st, 2012, 22:19
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
There is no hard work required. Hard work is rewarded with the result of it.
So basically, to work hard is simply voluntary and the results should be rewarding enough. And if the results are bad? O well…I still get my fixed amount of luxury items/services. Hmmm….

It's not. It has no detrimental effect on anyone except those who would want to be competent and active but aren't.
So I could in principle sleep all day or sit on the couch all day watching television and I would still get my fixed amount of luxuries. Hmmm…not too bad actually.

Everyone will have the same access, yes. No one is priviliged.
So I don't have to lift one finger? Hey, I am actually starting to like your world .

Vice is a subjective term - and that will not change.
Well you know, alcohol, drugs, prostitution, gambling….the stuff that prevents you from commiting suicide out of pure boredom .

It will be controlled if it interferes with the survival or basic needs of other people.
The one child per family policy?

Agreement is not required. However, if people won't work within society - they're exiled.
What if others who do cooperate oppose the exile because they are close to them?

I consider it unfeasible to have zero censorship - but I would want to support as little of it as possible.
Makes sense.

That would depend on the luxury item and the delivery technology.
Ok, let me state an example:
A father gets up on a beautiful sunny Sunday and wants to take his wife and kids to a place he knows at 100 km distance where there is a beautiful lake where they can go sailing, do some sightseeing and go to a fancy restaurant that evening before returning home.

P.S.
One of the kids already had his/her share of luxuries

Slaughter of pigs is not acceptable - and will result in exile, more than likely.
You mean no cured ham? You cruel cruel D'Art .

There are no distinction based on nationalities. Beer is a luxury item.
Well, it was more of a joke to emphasize dteowner's point on culture.

They can request a location - but it will be based on availability first - and time of request second.
Man, I so wanted to live in that area and this lazy tv watching console retard got there first.

Treated in what way? People are free to produce these kinds of entertainments - as far as resources are available and they're willing to cooperate to create them.

After creation, consumption is free for everyone - naturally.

Crime will be all but impossible, based on a built-in biological monitor in every single member of the world society. This will include positioning, biorythms and all feasible details that can be monitored. All this information will be networked to every member of society at all times. Essentially - there will be no outward secrets of any kind.

That said, the vast majority of crime motivators will be non-existant.

Law enforcement is likely to be required at some stage in some form. It will depend on the response to living in a society extremely unfamiliar to us. If such a force is required - it will be obligatory learning for all members of society who're capable of enforcing it.

My suggestion is to prepare for it and put it in place - but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that we won't need it.
Very good point. You forgot to mention the neck collar with explosives.

Yes, there will be a society-wide public transportation system - most likely lifted from the ground - and built for efficiency and lastability.
Hmm, some fine piece of aeronautical engineering then? I would love to contribute to that. No easy task though, gonna have to work overtime to get it done on time, so I gonna need some smart co-workers and a boss with good organisation skills. But will I be guaranteed to have competent co-workers and most importantly a competent boss?

I am but one person.
Thank God!

I have possible answers to the most common questions. That doesn't mean I have the perfect answer for every question. It would be stupid to suggest so.
No, but 20 years allows for some polished fine tuning .

Asdraguuhl

Sentinel