View Single Post

November 22nd, 2012, 20:42
Originally Posted by DeepO View Post
I´ve only skimmed through your propositions (cos´, "c´mon what is this shit", y´know), but I got an impression that you might want to consider presenting this stuff in the form of novel.
IIRC, there´s a book in the making, what´s your "genre" approach to it?
Well, I've considered several ways of putting this down somehow. I thought about trying to write a sci-fi novel - or short story at least. But I fear I just don't have the talent necessary. I think my greatest challenge is stopping myself from stopping. When writing that is, because I always go back after each sentence and try to perfect it. I also think I would bore people to death, because I generally aim for a very serious tone.

So, what I'm doing now is trying to structure my thoughts and create a sensible order for a straight-up non-fiction text. I've written dozens of pages over the years, but they're scattered about and some of it is just rewritten material from a later date. I tend to rewrite a lot more than coming up with new stuff.

I don't know if I'll ever get anything worthwhile out of it, but I feel the concept is worth writing down in some detail and having others look at it. If there's even a chance I can inspire a single person somewhere to take some of the ideas and do something useful with them, I would find that very gratifying indeed.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential