View Single Post

November 24th, 2012, 22:40
I followed PE more or less closely - but the only reason to support it is the "track record". Regarding the setting I think I know little more than what we have seen from SG. Regarding the story of PE we know: "The player witnesses an extraordinary and horrific supernatural event that thrusts them into a unique and difficult circumstance. Burdened with the consequences of this event, the player has to investigate what has happened in order to free themselves from the restless forces that follow and haunt them wherever they go."
Which is just as nondescript and generic as what we got from Bare Mettle. But shorter.

Now I am not trying to diss anyone supporting PE. I understand, it's Obsidian. Rolemodeled (that's the promise) after some of the greatest RPGs ever. By some of the people that made those.
But its funny because I did not support PE because I never got a feel for what they wanted to do among all the buzzwords. Yet I support SG, although they largely share that failing. Just makes me wonder what makes us back certain projects and not others. I guess in my case it's partly a certain sympathy for the underdog project, and partly because I like sandbox RPGs and this one promises to be one, uncompromisingly so.

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire