View Single Post

November 24th, 2012, 23:14
Originally Posted by GhanBuriGhan View Post
Just to play devils advocate - what do you guys know about PE's content.
I see this a bit and, sorry to be combative, but I think it's disingenuous.

Pretty much everything I need to know short of direct spoilers. I have a rough feel for the likely size of the areas, the world map, the way you transition to maps, a rough idea of a typical combat encounter, the sort of quests I will encounter, the quality of the quests and the writing, how much emphasis is placed on multiple solutions and paths, what dialogue will feel like, how characters are developed, the balance of combat, exploration and dialogue and more.

How do I know? Because I've played every single released game from both the company involved but also every single released game from the major development leads. Also, every single game from the main inspiration.

Not like Shaker where I'd played a few games from a series where I'm not clear exactly what Brenda Brathwaite did and one game from Tom Hall (great game that it is). I'm talking at least two dozen+ games and I'm pretty clear how they were involved. I know these guys. Yes, the details vary. Yes, I may have the wrong impression because they may do something different this time - but from IWD to F:NV, there are similarities in the feel and style of the quests and writing.

Now, I've backed plenty of speculative Kickstarters - might even back this one. But I don't really care about combat too much and other than the promise of an open world (how open? how big? what can I do there?), I don't understand the minute-to-minute gameplay on anything like the same level of PE.

Hmm. Guess my inner Obsidian fanboi really showed there but I stand by the points.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team