View Single Post

November 27th, 2012, 15:36
Originally Posted by Fluent View Post
I think the overall leveling speed of Skyrim and even past Elder Scrolls game is too fast. The overall progression in those games is just too fast.

Like Skyrim for example. I remember when the blacksmith was selling a Dwarven helmet, and I thought, "cool! Dwarven stuff. Can't wait to get the whole set". Before I even know it, it was on to Orcish stuff, and I completely jumped over most Dwarven gear (since I didn't need it now that Orcish was showing up). So I buy an Orcish cuirass or whatever and bam, a few dungeon dives later I'm wearing Ebony, and so on and so forth.

I just never felt like I got to "savor" those low levels. Even crude iron doesn't last but one dungeon or 2 before you find steel. I would like to have seen that entire progression stretched out a bit.

And I play on consoles, so no mods for me. I am considering buying a gaming laptop to play Elder Scrolls games with mods though. Seems that's the only way to really slow down the leveling.
I agree I have always enjoyed the struggle to stay alive in the low levels and feel that you level to fast in most games. Problem is I also really like to level up and get new skills and abilities.

So maybe in a perfect world I would level up quickly but each level wouldn't strengthing my character as much. So level 30 would be the equivalent of maybe a level 10 character.

Right now I have it set so after reaching completing riverwood and bleak falls barrow I arrive at whiterun at level 3 instead of level 7 like vanilla skyrim.

Unless money is not a concern or you just have your heart set of a laptop I would opt to build a desktop system rather than buy a gaming laptop. You can build a much more powerful pc for far less money and have a much easier upgrade path to ensure you can run the next ES game. Especially considering the new consoles will be out in a year or so and we should see a significant jump in game spec requirements. Just my 2 cents.

sakichop

SasqWatch