View Single Post

November 27th, 2012, 16:39
I err… I'll just bow to the wall of text, Gareth.

Look, you're a Bro and I respect your high standards, but ultimately I fundamentally believe that KS should be a place where you can pitch an idea, and demonstrate what you can do on some level, and people decide whether they want to support that. That's all there is to it. There are no rules what you have to show, or shouldn't show. I respect your reasons not to trust this pitch, and an exchange on the pros and cons of each project is essential for everybody to be able to make an informed decision - in that sense, I think this is all happening exactly as it should.

Just one specific reply though:
Sui Generis would, I feel, have had little trouble if it had simply outlined a combat arena game or dungeon crawler. There is little question about whether they can turn what they've shown into one of those.
Quite possibly, but that's neither what they (BM) want to do, nor what the people that now backed it want. So what gives… Ultimately, as you yourself stated recently, one should try to work on what one is passionate about.
I myself, am willing to support them just to see if (or what) they can achieve. Caveat emptor.

Edit:
One other thing, regarding the world building. On the forums there is a statement that they will keep the aboveground world relatively small - but would go for a massive underground world. Make of that what you will.
Last edited by GhanBuriGhan; November 27th, 2012 at 16:50.

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire