View Single Post

November 27th, 2012, 18:11
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
I just don't get the Torchlight series. I bought the first game but the art style makes me feel like I'm murdering the tourists in Magic Kingdom. I much prefer a more serious setting like Dungeon Seige 3 or Diablo 3.
Forget the art style. It's basically Diablo clone (not Diablo3!) so called action RPG.
I see no RPG there and the action is nothing but raping your mouse till it breaks.
It's fun for a while and then your own brain (if you have one) starts protesting when you're about to continue.
I had the first game for a while, but never finished the main story (as if there is a story at all), still I turn it on from time to time just to clean one more dungeon level as I don't like to leave games unfinished (except when mobrespawning gets so annoying that I uninstall just out of protest like in the case of Inquisitor).

Still I bought Torchlight 2, it was on sale and I got impressed with, well, totally irrational thing, but since it's both SP and MP it might be more interesting that the first game - if I manage to find a sucker that will co-op with me prepared to buy a new mouse soon.

In any case I didn't buy D3 nor plan to. Also there is no way I'd play Path of Exile or something like that, some new diablo clone that's F2P. If I knew I'll live for several thousands of years, maybe I would. Since the life is short, I simply don't have time for that crap.

I bet that major investors in such games is Logitech and that with next clones you'll get a mouse gratis if you buy a boxed copy.

Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
Isn't Bioshock3 supposed to come out in 2013? RPG-lite, but still of interest to many rpg players.
IIRC there is no RPG within Bioshock3.

joxer

Mass Effect 4 Shepard
RPGWatch Donor