Thread: Farcry 4
View Single Post

November 30th, 2012, 07:32
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Now your just being a fool. Just go to the games webpage the desperation by Ubisoft is open-world first person shooter. Everything else is secondary. There problem solved again.

This is just like Dragon Dogma everyone keeps calling ira RPG but the developer Capcom vehemently declares it's not. They labeled it and sold it as an Action Adventure game.

Maybe a few of you need bifocals to read.

Now let me get back to playing a true rpg called Baldur's Gate EE. That's all Im going to say as this argument and debate is as old as time on forums. Moving on now.
As I mentioned above in this thread, in my view the important thing to keep in mind is that these developers set out to make a first person action game. It seems to have a lot of RPG elements, but I feel reviewers would be missing the point if they were to complain that it is not a good enough RPG when that is not even the game's intended genre, as Game Banshee did in their review of Dishonored.

However, I don't quite follow what the ESRB has to do with this. I don't see why they would be any sort of arbiter about a game's genre.

CountChocula

Keeper of the Watch