Thread: Omega DLC
View Single Post

November 30th, 2012, 23:07
I've finished it now and have cooled down for a bit.

@DeepO
You might have a point that combat would have felt more tactical, concerning ammo and more on a higher difficulty level than normal. I tend not to bother with harder levels since it sometimes just feels like a grind and takes more time. And gaming time comes at a premium these days. ME1 I actually played on hardcore and enjoyed it after my first playthrough. I felt that I had more possibilities to play tactical in that game, but that might be just me.

A more balanced opinion from me on the Omega DLC might be:
1. I think it was a bit to heavy on combat.
2. Overpriced compared to other DLC, but that might just be inflation?
3. Missed opportunity concerning one of the batarians, would have loved to have a long conversation with Arias lieutenant. Would have given flesh to a race thats usually only cannon fodder.

More subjective.
A bit to cramped and claustrophobic.

The mass effect trilogy have given me some really spectacular gaming sessions and I'm grateful for that.

But I do mourn the loss of exploration and "sense of wonder" that were so promising in the beginning. A sci-fi universe with rich lore.

My hopes for the franchise is:
Remember what was good from each iteration and go from there. (weapons were definitely best implemented i ME3)
Donīt strangle the game for PC because of aging consoles. If you don't have the skill to do a decent PC port, get external help, as in ME1. That "one-button wonder" killed me more times than I care to remember.

Now Im going to finish my replay of ME3. There will not be any more after this.
Off to Horizon and stomp on cerberus. MIght take DeepOīs advice and up the ante concerning difficulty.

C

Crilloan

Sentinel