View Single Post

December 1st, 2012, 03:30
Originally Posted by blatantninja View Post
Also if you are playing at a higher resolution, it's really nice for the GUI to not be tiny (nor the text).
This!

The widescreen mod for the original is still awesome, but you'll still notice that this isn't the way the game was supposed to run.

This version runs exactly like the original looked, just on 1920x1080, for example. Everything has the right ratio. This is a big deal to me. So it might be meaningless to someone else, I don't know.

Otherwise the graphics are identical, as far as I can tell. Sometimes it feels like they are a little smoother, I can remember that 2-3 years ago, when I last played BG with the trilogy mod, that it sometimes froze a little, not much, just enough to be noticeable.

Concerning everything else, it's the game we already know, except for 3 new party members. I can't say how good this content is (they all seem to have quests tied to them). Just hired the supercute wild mage, Neera. She's fully voiced. So there is clearly a contrast to the old/known ones. I'm not sure how I should think about this. I always had troubles to throw out proven members of my team, just so I could play a specific quest, so upping the number of potential party team members certainly doesn't make it easier.

Malkavian

Watcher