View Single Post

December 1st, 2012, 08:26
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
Not sure what makes this game so different than PE yet PE got almost 4 mil.

What's turning people off about this game?
The Project Eternity kickstarter website read like: give us this money and our well known established and proven game studio will be able to make a game the way we want to without having to go back to the publisher suits for permission on every decision.

The Thorvalla kickstarter website read like: give us this money and me and a couple other industry veterans will be able to found a new studio, hire a new team, come up with a game design, rule set and engine and oh by the way, here's some line drawing art.

Maybe I read to much (or little) into the sites, but Thorvalla just felt like a couple of guys in the basement to me. We've done this before we just need funding to do it again vs. we've seen it done and are pretty sure we could do so.
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
Are people just getting burned out on all the isometric turn based kick starters?
Noting to do with if I'd want the game if it came out, but everything to do with lack of confidence that I'd ever see a game even if they got 4-mil in funding.
Last edited by Bargeral; December 1st, 2012 at 08:28. Reason: Broke up quote and answer

Bargeral

Who watches the Watcher?