Thread: Today is …
View Single Post

December 3rd, 2012, 02:48
… the day after yesterday that pibbur did two things and learned one thing.

First, he tried to behave like an american. That is, he had a very nice chat (which he initiated) with a complete stranger (In Norway a stranger is a stranger is a stranger, Here they wish you a pleasant evening when you leave the elevator you've been sharing). There was this huuuuge line of people waiting for something. It turned out (which I found out by asking) that they were waiting for popcorn. So he asked why on earth 100 people would stand in line for popcorn. Then (and this is what) he learned that this wasn't just popcorn, it was a very special species of popcorn - of which he didn't catch the name. But all in all it was The Ultimate Popcorn with a capital 'P'.

Second: He bought an IPad, and being one who still has a fairly thorough and precise knowledge of anatomy, he of course selected a retina one.

Other things:

1409: University of Leipzig opened.
1697: St Paul's (the Cathedral) opened.
1755: The second Eddystone Lighthouse shut down (uncontrolled).
1775: USS Alfred became the first vessel to fly the Grand Union Flag, 128 years and 15 days before Wilbur and brother.

We also saw the implementation of several emperors, none of them roman, and therefore fairly long-lived:
1804: Napoleon I
1848: Franz Joseph.
1852: Napoleon III
1966: Napoleon XIV

pibbur who knows of a lot of things he wouldn't stand in line for, one of them is popcorn. And who knows a lot of annoying tunes.

Please excuse me if the dates seem wrong. Me and Wikipedia isn't exactly in sync regarding System.DateTime.Now;

d++a58e++TU4567'!S'!89!A!WM!LuC++++u+++uF+++nR——nS ++++wC—-o++++wS——uLB++++
Last edited by pibbur who; December 3rd, 2012 at 03:18.

pibbur who

Number 13