View Single Post

December 5th, 2012, 02:19
Originally Posted by Deekin Scalesinger View Post
In my opinion, part of the failure has to do with the rather generic feel of the game.
Dragons again ? Isn't this what mainstream games are about (Skyrim, Dragon Age, Divinity 2, etc.) ? A hint of "nordic" is not enough. And I go to Kickstarter to fund games that are different.
I was expecting a more original game from someone who worked on Realms of Arkania and Planescape.
Well, before we move on to new gaming horizons I want to see the perfect generic RPG

I haven't pledged because the innovative elements didn't appeal to me. Trading Cards infused fights and classes that gave me an "Anime-Vibe" made me cautious. I might have bought the final version if I liked the reviews but I wasn't convinced that I would like the game alone from the information that was available.

While I have pledged for WL 2 mostly because I thought it's the last chance for a old school RPG, I haven't pledged for any other projects and I will probably only pledge again either when I have my Copy of WL 2 in Hands and feel like taking another risk or when a Kickstarter really seems to be the ultimate game that I crave.

Fenris

Proto-Nerd