View Single Post

December 5th, 2012, 20:43
I really loved Oblivion, but the voice acting takes Skyrim to a higher level. I didn't play Morrowind as much as I should have and will one day tackle it with a bunch of mods and it'll seem like new.

I can't wait to play Dragonborn, but since I'm only 21st level on this character, I might still be playing when it comes out.

I'm playing with the Vilja mod and while the voice-acting is sub par it has some great writing. The quests are tolerable, but what stands out is the location awareness of the companion. Vilja will admit that she hates fighting undead and is pertrified of vampires. She's not too keen on Dwemer ruins either. However, if you take her to any of these spots, she'll make valid comments. She might mention how Dwarven Centurions can drop out from anywhere, how bandits never seem to have enough food to keep everyone fed, how beautiful the Gilderglean is, etc. She is so much better than the companions in vanilla. Speaking of which, she will have conversations with Lydia, sometimes getting Lydia to complain about her housecarl duties

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor