View Single Post

December 5th, 2012, 21:02
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
Well, if you don't remember having issues with the games - then I can see why you think they're equal. I've never played a game I didn't have issues with (as I said, Skyrim is no exception), so I don't really understand that mindset - but it must be a pleasant thing
It takes a lot for me to consider something an "issue". In my current Oblivion play-through for example, I really have nothing that I would consider an issue or problem that I have with the game. Maybe the bandits wearing glass armor could have been toned down a bit, but I still don't look at that as a big problem.

I certainly don't see any "crappy writing" or "samey locations". I find quite the opposite is true. And Oblivion, like all Elder Scrolls games, has gobs and gobs of subtlety that really bring the world alive. In this case, the subtlety goes a long way.

I'm specifically talking about improved gameplay and design. That said, if all other things were really equal - I'd take the most technically impressive game - but that's just me.
I don't really agree that Skyrim "improved gameplay and design" from Oblivion or Morrowind though. I can see why someone would think that, but I just don't agree.

They did a different take on the gameplay and design, I'll give you that. They did a good job. But is it better? I can't really say it is.

That's like someone saying, "Apples are better than oranges and bananas." Well, I like all 3 .

I dunno, I just find it damn near impossible to pick a favorite Elder Scrolls game. They all mean so much to me. Like I said, it's like trying to pick a favorite child. Skyrim is the newborn and getting all the attention, but the other 2 are still my children too .

All that said, Skyrim is phenomenal and I rank it up there with the best games I've ever had the pleasure of playing..

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team