View Single Post

December 6th, 2012, 03:17
Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
I work in marketing and I simply cannot understand the logic of delaying things for making a splash in a new console; the actual consoles have a huge installed costumer base already and you are likely to see at least 7 mil i sales for the new GTA5 because of that. Even if they announce the new consoles around CES and release on next years Xmas they wouldn't have a installed base of users of even 15 million by mid 2014…I can understand it for titles such as Fallout 4, which makes a lot of business sense but Bioware´s credibility is on the dumps right now and they think they could compete with Bethesdsa o the new consoles? not bloody likely
At first glance this might make sense, but the reality is, that the way to establish a huge installed consumer base is, to make the consumers to buy the new consoles, by delivering such new titles (everyone wants to play) ONLY on those new consoles. If they still would deliver these games to all consoles, there would be no incentive to also buy the new consoles.

So you see, they really have no choice here. Consoles are usually pressed into the market with really strong launch titles other platforms lack.

I'm not saying this because I agree or prefer it this way, but…

Malkavian

Watcher