View Single Post

December 6th, 2012, 13:37
Originally Posted by Peter Stauffenberg View Post
But it's not fun when some players just leave after making a mistake. Then they make it harder for the rest of us to complete.
I assumed that people are simply to embarassed to stay.
Or just ragequit.

I'd rather say the first one. They might believe that by doing such a fatal mistake they have kind of revoked their membership, I guess.

If this would be true, then it would imho be rather a hint towards the social skills of an MMO society which makes people rather believe that quitting is better than having to listen to rants about their mistakes.

Or in other words : If a society was more caring and had more "social skils", then people would be rather accepting their mistakes than doing suicide because of them.

Because leaving the group is in my eyes a kind of suicide, too : Expelling oneself from a group as a self-imposed punishment (probably even in order to be faster than to receive actual punishment from others).

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR