View Single Post

December 6th, 2012, 19:41
Perhaps a few, but language isn't too much of a barrier for the basics of playing the game. There aren't that many "critical" words to deal with and PUGs don't generally involve intricate strategy, so an extensive grasp of English isn't really necessary.

It's a little different with Team Corwin since we use Skype over top of the game. We tend to have some chaotic conversations. Az and I will talk about CNC lathes and stupidity on the shop floor. Corwin plays slower than the rest of us and needs an in-game GPS for Christmas, so he's always asking for navigation assistance. Peter is always giving character build advice and jm always gets mad about it. Add in all the accents (from Corwin's Aussie garble to Az's southern twang to my redneck babble) and it gets even more chaotic. When things go poorly, you can add in colorful idioms and loud profanity. I expect all that interweaving over the top of the game could get far more challenging and confusing for someone that doesn't speak proper American ( ) all the time.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer