View Single Post

December 6th, 2012, 22:05
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
I only closed 4 gates before tiring of it and can't remember if they were actually 100% identical but I remember feeling like they were. My longest play through was 60 hrs. Or so and I didn't really do any of the main quest. It's not a bad game at all, skyrim just grabs me more. Of course I haven't gone farther than the grey beards in the main quest for skyrim so I hope it doesn't put me off like oblivious did.
The gates you closed weren't identical. There are a total of 11 Oblivion Worlds you can enter when you enter a gate (7 random worlds and 4 always-the-same worlds). Each of the 11 worlds are different from each other.

This is a problem I have with people saying that Oblivion dungeons were all the same (i.e. "samey locations"). People say that not only about Oblivion gates, but about forts, caves, etc. It's simply not true. All of the forts, caves, ruins, etc, are completely different from one another.

Oblivion gates do repeat though, so once you've closed all 11 worlds at least once you can pretty much say you've seen them all.

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team