View Single Post

December 8th, 2012, 20:57
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
This is where economics comes into play - if I spent $829 for a top-end iPad 1 and sold it for $600 when the iPad 2 came out and paid another $829 for that one, and also sold it for $600 to buy the $829 iPad 3, and then repeated that for the iPad 4 … I would have spent $1500 for four top-end tablets with cellular data.

Android devices (like PCs) lack the resale value hold - they are like a car where the second you open the box the value drops by 50% (obvious exaggeration). But in terms of tablets, for $1500 you would get nowhere near the long-term value …
That's an interesting scenario that's not supported by any experience of mine.

It has nothing to do with the fact that Apple products are significantly overpriced in terms of the hardware they're using.

I'm not sure why you think Android devices lack resale value - but that's not something I've heard about. Where I come from, stuff like Samsung products are very popular and I doubt they have less resale values than iPads or iPhones.

The smartphone/tablet market is in constant flux - and that means every item you buy is going to have less resale value than it would have with less frequent updates. Apple is most certainly not an exception.

Obviously, if you're biased and you WANT Apple products to somehow not be overpriced despite facts disputing that - you'll find whatever avenue to support that theory.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential