View Single Post

December 8th, 2012, 22:31
Limbc did a great job with patching the game so if they're behind the addon, I'm sure it'll be good.

As for the online requirement, I've posted a few times, it's unbelievably annoying at first, but over time you get used to it. The real problem happens when the server is down, you can still play the game but you can't use your previous saves nor bonuses like dynasty weapons. And while I was still playing HoMM6 it happened every 10 days or so. Since I've finished the campaign and mission maps plus pirates DLC, I've uninstalled the game so can't be sure if they've addressed the issue in the meantime.
HoMM6 is not the only game I have that depends on uplay, I also have Anno2070 and am still playing it where if offline you can't use a specific bonus granting and storage/trade facility called Ark.
Ubisoft's story behind the whole thing is that they just don't want you to cheat singleplayer saves then use them to cheat in multiplayer games. Perhaps that's true, but also the same Ubisoft can't accept that I'll never go multiplayer in HoMM6 nor Anno2070 thus I don't care for cheats and cheaters.

And I still didn't buy Farcry3, someone here already said there is no endless mobrespawning in the game, but that was it, noone posted if the game is fun (for someone who prefers RPGs).

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor