View Single Post

December 9th, 2012, 01:02
Originally Posted by CountChocula View Post

I haven't experienced this, but I have never had any high level characters. When I played a mage, I noticed that the spell tomes in the leveled lists were based on the skill level for that school of magic, rather than character level.

It would be relatively simple to make a mod which adjusts the availability of certain types of armor or other goods based on a skill, for example, Speech. Does that sound interesting?
I didn't notice if the armor and weapons started showing up based on my skill. I'll have to pay attention to that next time I play. I just noticed that once I started getting Iron, Steel suddenly becomes available, then before I even get a full set of Steel, I'm seeing pieces of Dwarven, and on and on. It just went by in a flash really. I would have prefered to "savor" each piece of armor and weapon before having to switch out because something better was available.

I mean, by the time I got out of the first dungeon (Bleak Falls Barrow), I was already seeing Steel for sale. The rate of progression was just absurd.

I will say this though. I got to level 46 or something and played a total of 180 hours, so when you look at it like that it doesn't seem so bad. But I got to level 46 pretty quickly if I recall. Reason I stopped leveling so fast was because my major skills that I used were near or at 100 already…

I just would prefer the pace to be stretched out a bit. I would like to see a system where you hit level cap (or level 75 or whatever) after you've scoured 90% of the dungeons. I had 100 in my major skills and I had only been in less than half of the total dungeons in the game.

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team