Thread: A deadly joke
View Single Post

December 10th, 2012, 21:13
If I was the nurse, I wouldn't be able to come over the SHAME of being tricked although I was relegated to help and protect A FUTURE QUEEN !

To some people, this might be real worse. Years later : "Ah, so you are the person who fell victim to a phoney call instead of protecting our queen ?"

Everyone in the street would know her. "Ah, so you are the one … How stupid you are that you got tricked by a SIMPLE phone call !"

What i really miss in this discussion is the try to view it from her point of view. All I read here is people who are argueing from the guys perspective - or from the perspective of an outsider.

These "trick calls" are not uncommon here, too - but only against "mortals".

This "trick call" was against a future QUEEN, and if you fail this "test", then you are burned forever for your whole life. Everyone will know you. Everyone will laugh over you. Everyone will make jokes about you. And you won't get a medal for service the Queen, either.
Rather the opposite.

I think - I might not be right, but that's what I think - that most people in this discussion here just don't realize how Queen-centric the Brits are. At least that's the impression I get from overseas.

Another point is the definition of "harmless [call]". In my opinion these guys didn't even have a plan. They didn't even apologize. Instead, they congratulated each other opf having overthrown a simple nurse, who was kind of assigned to protect and help a future Queen (some people take this stuff dead serious !).
I get the impression as if they were simply "doing without thinking [of possible consequences]". The impression I get is that of two immature guys doing a prank - without thinking of any consequences. They definitively didn't give this thing a thought. It's a form of selfishness.

By the way, today's newspaper also pointed out that it was the management who gave green light into sending it.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR