View Single Post

December 11th, 2012, 01:42
Originally Posted by Kordanor View Post
While on the one hand I'd like to support Spiderweb, on the other hand I want to "warn" anyone here who is interested in these games:

First, this is not really a sale at all, it is just a bundle.

Besides that, Avadon and Avernum: Escape From the Pit are actually the only "newer" games and have a steam adaption and more recent graphics (which are still really bad). But the other games are even far worse (including the alread bad sound).
That said, I played Avadon and Avernum EFtP and these are great games and also the older games probably have a great story but I hardly played these, these are just below my tolerance.

So for anyone interested I'd highly recommend to not buy the bundle and just buy Avernum: Escape From the Pit instead, which I'd consider my favorite RPG of this year.
If you want more, grab Avadon, which is far more limited, but is also really good.
And if you finished both of these games and still want more (after more than 150-200h) you can consider buying the other games. You won't lose much if you don't buy the bundle.

That said, the weakest point of Avernum are not the graphics but the background sound (looped noises). My personal suggestion in this matter: Start a Nox Arcana playlist in the background. This music fits quite well to the game. A very short playlist I created where you can get a taste: Link
So you pass judgement on all these older games and yet admit you've barely played them as they are 'beneath' your graphical standards? Thanks for the 'warning'. Good think you highlighted that real critical sound loop point.

"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch