View Single Post

December 11th, 2012, 22:24
Perhaps it'd be better to strip the Merlin posts out of this thread as a starter of a new thread.
That series definetly deserves to be a "catch-all" as it's actual targeted audience is whole family. If you put aside mythological creatures and fantasy, you will discover that it's actually a tale of friendship.
These series are still airing (currently ongoing Season 5) and unlike some bobmastically advertised ones that were cancelled after just one or two seasons (The Boss, The mob doctor - just examples - and the biggest fail example with the same setting: HBO's Camelot) I can't say there is a quick end or cancellation coming.

The legend this series is based on has it's end but I believe when the series reach that part it'll still move on with stuff that is not a part of the legend but is speculated through many documentaries about Arthur and Merlin (for example I've seen one where it seems that Merlin died as an old man and was burried in France).

Merlin "tricks" you into watching it even if you lost an interest of current court/political/social aspects - one of the series' strongest points is humor, every episode contains just enough of it to lure you into watching the next episode just to see what new prank will happen.

Also in many episodes there is a special guest star. If you believe only in series with known names as guests, just watch the first episode where you'll enjoy one of memorable performances from Eve Myles (appeared in Doctor Who, got one of lead roles in Torchwood, gave voice for a NPC in DA2 sorry dunno who exactly, known widely as one of Wales' best kept secrets).

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor