View Single Post

December 13th, 2012, 15:29
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
There are quite a few good family shows out there, such as Once Upon a Time, Glee and Psych. There are also a few shows with substance such as Suits and Mentalist, Burn Notice and Covert Affairs. Then there are some just for 'fun' such as Arrow, Beauty and the Beast. Only if you're desperate do you watch the reality 'crap'!!
If you like Once Upon a Time, you really ought to take a look at Grimm. Kind of a similar setup (fairy tales crossing into real life), but with a different focus. Although you don't have to watch the entire thing (they're in the middle of season 2 now) in order, it probably helps because the writers respect their audience enough to refer back to previous events and even to throw in the occasional "not obvious" foreshadowing. The acting talent would probably be considered middling, but doesn't detract from the experience.

I'm still watching Revolution and Last Resort, but I can't say I'd give them a glowing rec. If the DVR didn't automatically go out and record the new episodes for me, I probably wouldn't miss them.

Still loving The Walking Dead and the Wild Dogs sometimes watch that with me, but I'm not sure I could come up with any reasonable excuse to call that "family entertainment".

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer