View Single Post

December 15th, 2012, 00:19
I've just come back from the premiere of The Hobbit. And I loved it, but one thing is for sure: I'm never going to a 3D movie again. I thought there'd maybe be a reason for 3D in this one. But no. Imo it only makes the movie worst. So you could say I loved the movie despite 3D.

I wear glasses for distance, so missing them while wearing the 3D glasses was bound to be a recipe for disaster. But besides the fact that I was seeing some things blurry because of my eye sight, I hate that the 3D glasses makes the whole image dark as hell. I took my glasses off for a good portion of the movie and god did the movie look awesome in the 2D scenes. I hate them for using 3D and almost ruining my movie experience. Half-way through the movie I felt like walking out of the cinema in order not to ruin the rest of this wonderful movie because of the 3D.

Anyways, a little bit about the movie. There will only be very light spoilers.
Spoiler

The only thing kind of irked me with regards to the movie, while ignoring the 3D, was that they made 1 or 2 scenes funny, when imo they should've been kept more serious. But just a couple of scenes. The other funny scenes were well done I found.

Finally, I'm sure I won't go to part 2 and 3 in 3D. If I manage to find them in 2D I'll most definitely go. But otherwise I'll wait for blu-rays of the extended. God I hate the 3D trend. When is it going to go away?

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch