View Single Post

December 15th, 2012, 07:29
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
My point was exactly that peiople says a game is "mature" if it contains violence.
I perfectly understand your point here but I wanted to underline that the ERSB system is intended to give parents an idea about the content of games they never heard of. Don't get me wrong, I do not think it's perfect in any way but it's been created as that it can be easily and quickly understood. So if a game contains violent scenes, it's perfectly normal for it to get an M rating. Don't you think ? As I understand what you were saying, I think you meant that a game including violence doesn't necessarily deserve to be rated M. I think it must, to comply with the rating philosophy, no matter how we (as adults) individually perceive this kind of content.

The thread you initiated is intended to discuss something different than the rating system at its core, right, so I think maybe you should've presented your point through a different approach. As : Is the violence indispensable to create a game for adults ? But that's just my guessing and I maybe wrong or missed your point completely

Gloo

Sentinel