View Single Post

December 17th, 2012, 05:13
Honestly, this is exactly what I'm the most concerned about with this. All of this Minority Report kind of stuff.

Being an introvert is increasingly considered a suspicious thing, and if such paranoia goes ahead, public servants will be trained to screen them or something equally awry.

I don't think it's a good idea to try to categorize anyone who is withdrawn, and to be suspicious that anyone who strays slightly from the norm could become hostile at any moment. It is an exercise in futility, and ultimately only contributes to an increasingly poisonous climate.

I have not seen so far any signs that the shooter suffered from mental issues. And I think people always try to lend such a rationale to such terrible acts, when there often isn't one. Take Anders Breivik for example, he was evil, he was not mentally deranged. The court was able to recognize the difference between the two.

One doesn't need to have any mental illness when the problem is that one just has become terribly alienated and isolated. This isn't a domain for psychology or psychiatry; it's a matter of a warm, inclusive and compassionate society. One that is becoming increasingly selfish and ruthless with the disintegration of the family unit and marriage.

Humanity has risen!

Watchdog