View Single Post

December 17th, 2012, 11:48
Finally got around to finishing it today. I played on Classic difficulty, and I had an "A" rating when I finished the game. Great game overall, but I felt a little let down by the ending.

I definitely don't agree with the opinion that it's too short. I played for a month, although not everyday, and I actually felt it was starting to drag on at some points.

I guess it depends on how you play though. I ignored some of the priority objectives for significant lengths of time to do side missions and build up my squad. I can see it being a lot shorter if you complete all the priority objectives as soon as they appear.

One thing I didn't like was the randomness of the Psi testing. I had terrible luck with it, and only 1 of my top 15 soldiers turned out to be gifted. I only had 2 Psi Operatives when I finished the game. I wish there was some way to influence that other than saving and reloading.

I also didn't care for the randomness of hiring new soldiers. I would have prefered to be able to see potential squad members before hiring them. I wasted a lot of money hiring and dismissing squad members that I didn't like.

I look forward to playing the inevitable sequel.

JDR13

SasqWatch