View Single Post

December 18th, 2012, 17:39
Whenever this comes up I always respond with this - Does it really matter? I mean, these games usually give you some decent DLC. Look at Skyrim. Dawnguard, Hearthfire, Dragonborn. None of them are technically expansions, yet combined they are worth more than an expansion would be. Fallout 3's DLC added up to about the size of an expansion, if not bigger. The list goes on and on.

I just don't see what the big fuss over lack of expansions is. I would be more worried about lack of DLC at all, because then that means your favorite game isn't getting expanded in any way.

But overall I'm quite happy with DLC. It splits up the large expansions into smaller segments and gives you the options of which segments you want to buy.

I don't believe that if DLC didn't exist, all these games would be getting these huge, epic expansions all of a sudden. No. A game is going to get the post-launch support that it's going to get. Rain or shine.

I'd also prefer a tightly packed DLC with premium content than a watered-down expansion with fluff content. I'm not saying all expansions are like that, but at least with DLC, most DLC add a nice tight package of content to their games.

DLC is not the end of the world . I'm not quite sure why some gamers have such an aversion to it.

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team