View Single Post

December 19th, 2012, 08:31
It could be bit difficult to discriminate between the effect of the drug and the condition being treated. And you can't really treat psychopharmaca as one type of drug, it's a very heterogenous group of drugs. In addition, there's also the question of other drugs used by patients, including alcohol and narcotics (I'm talking about the combination of substances here)

And finally: Withdrawal reactions are easily handled by gradually reducing the dosage over a period of 4-5 weeks. I've done it several times, when switching from one type of medication to another.

These are things that quite often are not taken into account in media (and in books written by people with an agenda).

I believe the possible effects of psychofarmacs are exaggerated. Significantly. But by all means: In trying to prevent school shootings, no stone should be left unturned. That includes possible effects of drugs. And weapon laws. I'm not jumping to conclusions, claiming that banning guns is the only sensible thing to do (Personally, I think it would be wise, but things are different here in Norway). But I think that question should be evaluated thoroughly, along with lots of other questions.

Thank you for bringing this up, btw.

pibbur who thinks it is important to reevaluate his opinions now and then. Quite often actually. These are his opinions at the time of writing.

3 days

d++a58e++TU4567'!S'!89!A!WM!LuC++++u+++uF+++nR——nS ++++wC—-o++++wS——uLB++++
Last edited by pibbur who; December 19th, 2012 at 09:49.

pibbur who

Number 13