View Single Post

December 19th, 2012, 16:31
Yeah, give it a shot, it's well worth it I think. It's actually quite similar to Kingdoms of Amalur.

Sacred 2's quests at first may seem a little shallow, or not that interesting, mainly because they aren't voiced and each quest usually consists of one small page of text. But once you start "getting into it" and exploring the lore and the world, the quests become very fun. You do all sorts of stuff and it keeps you entertained, all the while you're getting great quest rewards which advance the excellent character progression and loot systems.

The strengths of the game are character progression, loot, exploration and fun combat. The exploration is on par with Morrowind or any Elder Scrolls game. Every piece of the map is hiding something, and the map itself is enormous. There are hidden caves all over the place, towns, camps, ruins, etc. You never know what you're going to find.

I was actually on the western-most point on the map last night. It looked like there were just huge mountains to the west and I couldn't go any further. I searched the map and actually found 4 teleporters deep in the area where it looks like you can't access. So you can actually access crazy parts of the map that look inaccessible. When I discovered that I was blown away. I have never seen a map where you can actually access the "grey area", let alone find 4 teleporters there. I haven't found out how to access that part yet but we're still looking.

You can take boats to remote islands. You can travel through mountain passages to find hidden caves and temples. The exploration is just mind-boggling. Expertly hand-crafted.

The loot is on par with Diablo. There's just tons of it. You probably won't find the same exact item twice.

There's powerful sets of armor. There's sockets in weapons and armor that you can stick runes, gems, rings, amulets into. There's a bunch of armor slots, about 3 times the amount of slots of a game like Skyrim or even Amalur. It's massive.

The character progression is fantastic. You get a bunch of skills and combat arts that you can constantly upgrade to get better in combat. You can take skills to level 75 and higher and achieve mastery status which unlocks a powerful new ability. You can modify combat arts to do special abilities. It's like a giant tangled web of awesomeness.

And finally, the combat is addictive and fun. It's especially fun to take out large bosses or hordes of Kobolds or undead. While you're smashing waves of enemies with powerful combat arts you just see the experience points and loot rolling in like you hit the jackpot on a slot machine.

Play it with 2 players and it's even more fun. I play with my dad and we're constantly trading gear, helping each other out, etc. And we can play while sitting on the same couch.

It's a really fun game. Give it a shot and you might become hooked.

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team