View Single Post

December 20th, 2012, 22:33
Originally Posted by The Walkin' Dude View Post
I didn't follow the hype though and didn't really follow Rage at all. Are the NPC interactions meaningful and long?
In my case, I thought RAGE was severely underrated, there was a lot of negative press about the game stemming from some botched performance drivers released by AMD, and a lot of people didn't understand or didn't like the partially resident texture streaming in the game's new engine.

It's not an RPG. Some of the NPCs are interesting, and the voice acting is decent, but there are no dynamic interactions with people living in the Wasteland. Really looking forward to the upcoming release of the mod tools, as I think there is a possibility of fleshing out the game world with quests and more interesting NPCs. If you are into exploration, the game world is big and rather open, but the rewards for exploring are few and far between. My first playthrough lasted about 45 hours, which is probably longer than most, as I spent some time exploring and looking for stuff.

The best feature of the game is the fact that it looks as good as it does, with stunning environments and high quality lighting and character models, but still runs extremely fast on lower end PCs. This is due to the highly innovative game engine, which uses the PRT technology we will see more of in next gen games.

The crafting and some of the minigames are also fun. The multiplayer is lacking. They should have included a way to play through the entire game in co-op mode, or some team deathmatch / capture the flag multiplayer modes. Not really into racing games, and those got boring after a while.

CountChocula

Keeper of the Watch