View Single Post

December 22nd, 2012, 02:13
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
Let's not forget that Bethesda and their FO/TES DLC is the exception, and not the rule.

The DLC business model has all but eliminated expansions and what they used to bring to the experience.

If you're fine with less content for more money - then there's no issue. I'm not happy about it, however.
I'm happy with MORE content for REASONABLE money. That's all DLC is. It's more game content that wasn't included with the game for a reasonable asking price.

I'm very happy with the current model. I think some of you have it twisted. Why aren't you just happy to be getting any extra content at all? Be thankful you're getting any DLC. Companies aren't obligated to provide post-release game support. It's a bonus.

Bottom line is, if I'm playing a game that I love, I want all the DLC I can get for it. Expansions are cool too, for certain games, but DLC also works and overall just gives you more options of how you want to play. No one is forcing you to buy that content but they are offering it. I love it.

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team