View Single Post

December 22nd, 2012, 02:35
Originally Posted by Fluent View Post
I'm happy with MORE content for REASONABLE money. That's all DLC is. It's more game content that wasn't included with the game for a reasonable asking price.

I'm very happy with the current model. I think some of you have it twisted. Why aren't you just happy to be getting any extra content at all? Be thankful you're getting any DLC. Companies aren't obligated to provide post-release game support. It's a bonus.

Bottom line is, if I'm playing a game that I love, I want all the DLC I can get for it. Expansions are cool too, for certain games, but DLC also works and overall just gives you more options of how you want to play. No one is forcing you to buy that content but they are offering it. I love it.
Take look at Neverwinter nights 2 and it's 2 expansions mask of betrayer and storm of zehir(this second one I didn't like so much but many people loved it so it serves to this example but I did appreciate what they where trying to do even if it didn't turn out to my taste).Original campaign was good but it's after expansion games this game became classic for many, they both offer totally different gaming experience.This is just one of more known examples but there are lot more(first Dawn of war,Civ IV,HoI II/III,Titan quest list goes on..).My point something like this couldn't be accomplished with simple low cost/low content DLC or few.DLCs work but they cannot accomplish what full expansion can and that is why I dislike current system.
Originally Posted by Fluent View Post
Be thankful you're getting any DLC. Companies aren't obligated to provide post-release game support. It's a bonus.
You make it sound like companies are doing it for charity not for large sum of money.I am not thankful because time and resources they are using could be used for making expansion or sequel or new game.

Nameless one

Wizzard